SALES & MARKETING TRAINER
DESCRIPTION: Provides and leads training efforts for animal safety sales and marketing staff and others on sales and marketing skills, presentation techniques, time management, office skills, product knowledge, competition, and other necessary professional business skills.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Train sales employees on current sales techniques utilizing own personal sales and marketing knowledge and outside trainers as required;
· Train sales staff on presentation skills and techniques, ensuring that they are proficient in MS Power Point;
· Plan and implement standard training program for all new sales and marketing employees. Use this program to schedule other managers training during an employee’s first 30 days on the job;
· Create and implement standard training program to include product and market training relative to that employee’s position, as well as computer skills, inter-office communication policies, Neogen Corporation history and corporate structure etc…;
· Communicate effectively with managers to identify employee training needs, strengths and weaknesses;
· Schedule Neogen and competitive product training with Neogen staff veterinarians and other viable outside sources;
· Prepares training materials, documents, presentations and ISO work instructions;
· Verifies efficacy of training by routine testing on product knowledge and sales skills;
· Performs ride alongs with territory managers as necessary and per the discretion of their manager to assist with enforcing sales skills in the field;
· Includes other divisional employees in training as requested;
· Records training sessions and provides HR with training records;
· Arranges for continuing education (CE) in sales training and leadership, working within budgeted amounts for position;
· Oversees the CRM enhancement projects for the Lexington Operations;
· Reads industry publications to keep abreast of industry; shares articles of interest with organization;
· Participates in annual budgeting process and prepares training budget;
· Analyzes and controls expenditures to conform to budgetary requirements; and,
· Performs additional training, projects, and miscellaneous tasks as requested by manager.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university; one or two year’s professional sales and/or training experience required. Prefer Action Selling certification or similar. CRM experience a plus but not required.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports and business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
MATHEMATICAL AND COMPUTER SKILLS
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, mark up, margins, commissions, proportions, percentages and volume. Direct experience with personal computer, keyboard and software packages including: Windows, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project, and CRM. Computer used in 50% of job activities.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Current driver’s license, auto insurance, own vehicle transportation.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
To apply please visit: