AUGUST MEETING – KFC LUNCH AND LEARN
**Register before Friday, August 18th and lunch will be provided for free!
KFC: We are taking the bite out of learning!
Many of today’s learners prefer eLearning modules presented in small, bite-sized chunks, which are designed to be meaningful, less time consuming and flexible. Likewise, lessons offered on mobile devices is a growing demand.
KFC has been on a journey to deliver bite-size learning across their 4200 restaurant locations to reach over 80,000 team members. During this session, Kathy Gosser, Director of Learning and OD, will share best practices and lessons learned along the way.
- Discuss tools used to develop micro learning
- How micro learning has been used – both training and performance support
- Continuing the journey – where we plan to go from here
Kathy has been with KFC Corporation since 1984. She has enjoyed numerous roles throughout her career including the leadership of customer satisfaction programs, operations measurement, recognition and the Ops Excellence Committee. In her current role, she leads training, OD, and oversees the KFC Foundation. An overview of each follows:
- The KFC training team develops training for the 4200 US restaurants as well as the employees of the Restaurant Support Center. This training has proven its value with strong correlations to business results as well as being engaging with gamification.
- The Organizational Development team leads critical culture work to drive employee engagement; this includes surveys as well as creating programs to make a difference.
- The KFC Foundation is a separate 5013C with a board comprised of franchise and company leaders. The KFC Foundation supports the restaurant employees by providing college scholarships through the REACH program, GED completion assistance, and financial support during times of need (Family Fund).
Kathy earned her Ph.D. in Educational Leadership and Organizational Development from the University of Louisville, her MBA from the University of Louisville, and her B.A. in Journalism from Indiana University. Education is Kathy’s passion and she encourages her mentees and team members to continue their educational pursuits.
Kathy also is an adjunct professor at several local Louisville universities. She currently teaches in the Masters of HROD and the MBA program (Franchising course) at the University of Louisville, and the MBA program at Sullivan University. Teaching is her avocation of choice.
Community service is also important to Kathy as she serves on the following community boards:
- Family Scholar House
- Women Influencing Louisville
- Dean’s Advisory Board, College of Business, University of Louisville
- Chair, Ulmer Career Center Advisory Board, College of Business, University of Louisville
- MBA Alumni Board of Advisors, University of Louisville